The D7 (S) from AKG is a reference-quality, dynamic vocal microphone with a supercardioid polar pattern and a noiseless on/off switch. It can be used to capture audio in various environments for applications such as live stage, theater, voice-overs, presentations, lectures, conferences, and more.
The D7 (S) features a Laminate Varimotion diaphragm that delivers detailed sound at any SPL and provides good gain-before-feedback. It also features a built-in high-pass filter that cuts out unwanted low frequencies, minimizes handling noise, and provides audio clarity with intelligibility. A humbucking coil is also built-in to help reduce interference from electrical devices and to ensure that only your vocal sound comes through.
In addition, the heavy-duty die-cast chassis with a dent-resistant grill screen is built rugged to easily handle live performances on the road. The mic is also equipped with a gold-plated XLR-type connector for good signal transfer.
The D7 (S) is a reference-quality microphone that offers complete control for singers and speakers, has low handling noise, and has proven road-tough reliability. A padded zip case, SA 61 stand adapter, and a replacement inner windscreen are also included.
- Dual-Thickness Varimotion Diaphragm
- Provides a subtle and open sound in all frequency ranges
- Feedback Suppression
- The laminate diaphragm material damps critical resonance peaks
- Integrated Hum Compensation Coil
- Provides a crisp and a cleaner sound
- Precision Metal Dust Filter
- Protects the capsule from sound-changing pollution
- Mechano-Pneumatic Suspension
- Effectively eliminates unwanted handling noises